The Ameliasburgh Garden Club (AGC) was the inspiration of nine individuals who were dedicated to the beautification of historic Ameliasburgh and who wanted to encourage an interest in gardening.
Since its inception in 1982, the club has expanded its endeavours in Prince Edward County to include:
- The design, installation and maintenance of many gardens such as:
- Ameliasburgh Museum Garden
- Ameliasburgh Museum Heritage Garden
- Consecon and Ameliasburgh Library Gardens
- Victoria Schoolhouse Garden
- Drew McCandlish Memorial Garden
- Protecting the pollinators by creating an insect hotel
- Planting trees in various locations in the County
- Offering financial assistance in the form of bursaries for students of horticulture
- Supporting the Ameliasburgh Fair each year with a floral competition and parade float
The AGC meets monthly ten months a year and the 60+ members enjoy guest speakers who educate and inform, offer advice, and present interesting slide shows. Monthly competitions, seasonal plant auctions, a spring seedling sale, interesting field trips and socials are all part of the fun and enjoyment. New members and interested individuals are warmly welcomed.
Brenda Englefield & Peggy Ritchie
Harry Jeffs*/Diane Hardcastle
*Harry Jeffs stepped down in August 1998 due to illness.